Sometimes, DIY can be a great creative outlet for making a space your own. AMK hardscapes can help with your paver creation and installation. Whether it be installing a driveway or redoing a pathway to your garden, we can help as little or as much as you want.
Our installation method is detailed and accurate to ensure a beautiful hardscape end result:
- Remove existing materials such as asphalt or cement.
- Depending on the project, excavate 5-12″ of soil.
- Subsoil gets compacted.
- Install 4-8″ of roadbase, compact in 4″ lifts.
- Skreet roadbase to ensure the correct depth of sand.
- Install 1-1.5″ of sand.
- Skreet sand for final grade.
- Install stone pavers.
- Cut in the border stones and install edge restraint.
- Fill joints by sweeping in sand.
- Power wash and vibrate in sand to ensure compaction.
Do some of these steps sound daunting? Don’t have the correct tools? Don’t worry, we can cover the preparation work and the details. That way, you can focus on making sure your inspired idea comes to life. Call us at 303-525-8601 for a quote on a do-it-yourself project.