Revitalizing your Denver pavers means enhancing their natural colors and bringing back a fresh look. This process involves removing dirt and debris from your pavers as well as power washing and resealing them. Depending on the weather and the quality of sealer you used, it should last between one and a half to three years. Generally speaking, the less wear and sunlight on brick pavers, the longer the sealer will last. Here are a couple of easy steps to follow when revitalizing your driveway, patio or walkways brick pavers:
- Have weeds started to infiltrate gaps in your brick pavers? Make sure to pull these out prior to any revitalization work.
- Pressure wash all pavers to remove the dirt and grime build up. If you have oil or rust stains, make sure to utilize a cleaner during this process.
- If you have applied a sealer and it’s fading, it’s a good idea to remove the coating. To do this, a paver seal stripper will be needed along with a pressure washer.
- Let your brick pavers dry for 24 or more hours. Fill with sand where needed and blow excess away with a leaf blower.
- Apply new sealer. Make sure that the sand is 1/4″ from the top of the paver so if a sealer is rolled on, it won’t get all over the pavers. Let this dry for 24 hours before any vehicles drive on it and 2-4 hours for foot traffic.
Make sure that your brick pavers are completely dry before resealing so they don’t get a “cloudy” look when moisture tries to escape. Need advice or help with the revitalization of your Denver pavers? Make sure to give AMK Hardscapes a call. Using the best products and techniques, we will make sure that your brick pavers are restored to look as good as new.